Đề thi thử THPT năm 2012
Đề thi thử tốt nghiệp môn Tiếng Anh (có đáp án)
Đề thi thử THPT năm 2012 - Môn tiếng Anh- 03
ĐỀ THAM KHẢO ÔN THI TỐT NGHIỆP THPT
MÔN TIẾNG ANH 12
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others in each line .
1. A. established B. worked C. stretched D. invented
2. A. helps B. provides C. documents D. laughs
3. A. match B. chair C. character D. church
Choose the word that has stress pattern different from that of the other words.
4. A. colony B. rhinoceros C. wildlife D.leopard
5. A. competition B. discovery C. domestic D. reserve
Choose the best answer to complete each sentence.
6.Since I came here, I…………a lot of acquaintances
A. have had B.had C. have D.am having
7. “Thank you very much for a lovely party”. –“………………….”
A. Have a good day B. You are welcome C. Thanks D. Cheers
8. We are going to ….. .
A. have our house to be decorated B. have our house be decorated
C. get our house being redecorated D. have our house redecorated
9.Mary always takes great care………….her children.
A.for B.of C.to D.with
10. He finds it ….. to read detective books.
A. fascinates B. fascinated C. fascinate D. fascinating
11. By far, the most important Vietnamese ….. is Tet ( The Lunar New Year ).
A. vacation B. holiday C. ceremony D. anniversary
12. “That’s a very nice dress you’re wearing”. – “….. .”
A. That’s nice B. I’m glad you like it C. That’s all right D. I like it
13. Jack, ….. I played tennis yesterday, was much fitter than me.
A. who B. whom C. with whom D. with who 14.Children receive its early………….. at home so parents should buy some ……….. magazines to put them in the bookcase.
A.educational/ educate B. educational/ education
C. education/ educational D. education/ educated
15.If I had enough money, I……………..a good dictionary.
A.will buy B.will have bought C.would buy D. would have bought
16. “How long are you going to stay?”. Susan asked George ………………………..
A. how long was he going to stay. B. that how long he has gone to stay. C. how long you were going to stay. D. how long he was going to stay.
17. The ….. he was, the more cigarettes he smoked.
A. worried B. more worried C. less worried D. most worried
18. He performed very well in the interview;………….., he didn’t get the job.
A. since b. but C. therefore D.however
19. You will spend at least one year working abroad ….. you can find out how things operate overseas.
A. as long as B. because C. so as to D. so that
20. Will you…………me to post this letter tomorrow.
A. remember B. suggest C. remind D. mind
21. “What are you going to do this weekend?” – ….. .
A. It’s a good idea B. We plan to visit my grandparents
C. I’m very tired D. I don’t like going out
22. Many goods…………….in China are now not very saleable in Viet Nam.
A. manufacturing B.manufacture C. to manufacture D. manufactured
23. Mark wasn’t there last night.- ……………………….
A. I wasn’t either B.So was I C. I wasn’t too D.Neither I was
24. Let’s go to the cinema,……………..
A. will we B. should we C. would we D. shall we
25. “What kind of work would you like?”-…………………….
A. Is there a good chance of promotion? B. I’m good at computing
C. Any time after next week D. Anything to do with computers
26. We should ….. every chance we have to speak English.
A. make use of B. make a use of C. make uses of D. make the use of
27. At this moment, the team ….. the game among themselves.
A. has been discussing B. have discussing C. are discussing D. is discussing
28. The government ______ the earthquake victims with food, clothes and medicine.
A. gave B. provided C. offered D. carried
29. Do you think a close friend should share joy and sadness ….. you?
A. with B. on C. at D. between
30………………………..,he wouldn’t have missed the train
A. If he listened to me B. Unless he listened to me
C.If he had listened to me D.If he didn’t listen
Read the passage and choose the best answer for each blank.
Nearly all the discoveries that have been made through the ages can (31)…….in books. The invention of the book is one of humankind’s(32)………achievements, the importance of which can not be overestimated.Books are very adaptable, providing us with both entertainment and information. The production of books began in Ancient(33)……….,though not in the form that is accessible to us today. The books read by the Romans, however, have some similarities to the ones we read now. Until the middle of the 15th century, in Europe, all books were written by hand. They were ofen(34) …………illustrated and always rare and expensive. With printing came the possibility of cheap, large-scale publication and distribution of books making (35)……….more widespread and recognizable.
31.A.find B.founded C. be found D. found
32.A. greatest B.greater C. great D.greatly
33.A.China B. Egypt C. England D.America
34.A.beauty B. beautify C.beautiful D. beautifully
35.A.knowledge B. know C. known D.knowledgeable
Choose the correct sentence which has the same meaning as the given one.
36. People believe that 13 is an unlucky number.
A. It was believed that 13 is an unlucky number.
B. That 13 is an unlucky number is believed.
C. 13 is believed an unlucky number.
D. It is believed that 13 is an unlucky number.
37. The last time I played football was in 1991
A.I haven’t played football in 1991 B. I haven’t played football since 1991
C.I didn’t play football in 1991 D.I last played football since 1991
38.Shall we go for a walk?
A. What about go for a walk? B. What about going for walk?
C. What about going a walk? D. What about going for a walk?
39.He drives more carelessly than he used to.
A. He doesn’t drive as carefully as he used to.
B. He doesn’t drive carefully than he used to.
C. He doesn’t drive as carefully than he used to.
D. He doesn’t drive as carefully as he does.
40.We didn’t recognize him until he came into the light.
A.It was not until we recognized him that he came into the light.
B.It was not until he came into the light that we recognized him.
C.It was not until we didn’t recognize him that he came into the light.
A.It was not until he came into the light that we didn’t recognize him .
Choose the underlined part among A, B, C or D that needs correcting.
41.The room is such dirty that it needs cleaning immediately.
A B C D
42.My father, that has a special craze for cars, has just bought another sports car.
A B C D
43. A lot of articles about the environment have written by my classmates.
A B C D
44. Unless you don’t give up eating so much meat, you will continue to put on weight.
A B C D
44.You have to study hard to keep pace in your classmates
A B C D
Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each question.
The problem of the use of our natural resources may be divided into four parts. These deal with trees, soil, water and minerals. In a sense, the first three are closely related, for water is a great destroyer of soil, and trees are its great protectors. Trees need both soil and water to grow. And water, to be of any real use, needs to be kept by soil and trees. Minerals are apart. They exist where they are because of the changing physical nature of the earth. Man has no control over the creation of the minerals, and once a particular supply has been used up, it is gone forever.
Conservation programmes have been instituted by most governments to prevent these four essentials from reckless waste and to start the long process of repairing earlier damage to forests, soil and water supply.
46. The problem of the use of our natural resources may be divided into ….. .
A. two parts B. three parts C. four parts D. five parts
47. The relations between trees, soil and water ….. .
A. Water is a great destroyer of soil and trees are its great protectors
B. Trees need both soil and water to grow, and water needs to be kept by soil and trees
C. A & B are incorrect
D. A & B are correct
48. Minerals exist where they are ….. .
A. because of the changing physical nature of the earth
B. because they are also need to be kept by soil
C. because they are great protectors
D. All are correct
49. When minerals are used up, ….. .
A. they can be restored B. they are gone forever
C. they can be found soon D. they can be supplied again
50. To prevent these four essentials from reckless waste, ….. .
A. man has to have control over the creation of the minerals
B. most governments have instituted conservation programmes
C. man mustn’t cut trees
D. man mustn’t destroy minerals
Hướng dẫn chấm
Số câu trắc nghiệm: 50 câu
Mỗi câu: 0,25 điểm