De thi trac nghiem tieng Anh co Dap An:
ĐỀ TRẮC NGHIỆM 3
Chọn phương án (A hoặc B, C, D) ứng với từ có phần gạch chân có cách phát âm khác với các từ còn lại trong câu:
1. A. bush B. rush C. pull D. lunar
2. A. bought B. sought C. drought D. fought
3. A. tells B. talks C. stays D. steals
4. A. thunder B. prefer C. grocer D. louder
5. A. killed B. cured C. crashed D. waived
Chọn phương án (A hoặc B, C, D) ứng với từ có trọng âm chính nhấn vào âm tiết có vị trí khác với ba từ còn lại trong câu:
6. A. exceptions B. uncertainty C. identifier D. disappointments
7. A. promise B. forgive C. succeed D. survive
8. A. energy B. ancestry C. provision D. continent
9. A. appointment B. strawberry C. powerful D. cucumber
10. A. report B. orbit C. promise D. schedule
Từ vựng: Chọn phương án đúng (A hoặc B, C, D) để hoàn thành mỗi câu sau:
11. When I bought the shoes, they me well but later they were too tight at home
A. matched B. fitted C. suited D. went with
12. The people he looks up to are his grandparents.
A. just B. only C. were D. bare
13. My car isnt . Its always letting me down.
A. believable B. reliable C. trusty D. unreliable
14. The of days in a week is seven
A. amount B. number C. figure D. sum
15. A few Minister for Agriculture has been
A. determined B. admitted C. assumed D. appointed
16. Youve had a escape. I thought youd never get away from him
A. near B. close C. narrow D. short
17. The passport she carried was
A. false B. imitation C. artificial D. untrue
18. Please call the doctor if the victim is hurt.
A. serious B. bad C. badly D. getting
19. he was sick, he still turned up for his guitar lesson.
A. Because B. Since C. Although D. Despite
20. We have just been told some news.
A. surprised B. surprising C. astonished D. astonishing
Đọc kỹ đoạn văn sau và chọn phương án đúng (A hoặc B, C, D) cho mỗi chỗ trống từ 21 đến 30: Like any other universities, the Open University can give you a degree. However, you dont have to (21) working to study. It can also open up a whole variety (22) interest. If you have (23) studied before, you will enjoy
the special, new pleasure of (24) your knowledge. You will make friends of
(25) kinds. You may also (26) that your qualification provides new career opportunities.
You dont actually (27) to the Open University for lectures, but study at home, using television, radio and computer software. You can (28) one class a month if you wish at an Open University center. Of course, there are exams to take, as is (29) university. If you (30) like to know more, all you have to do is complete the form below. It could be the start of a wonderful new period in your life
21. A. stop B. end C. leave D. break
22. A. of B. from C. for D. in
23. A. ever B. always C. often D. never
24. A. growing B. changing C. adding D. increasing
25. A. all B. each C. both D. every
26. A. suggest B. find C. wish D. want
27. A. join B. enter C. arrive D. go
28. A. give B. attend C. learn D. study
29. A. any B. some C. many D. most
30. A. did B. will C. would D. can
Văn phạm: Chọn phương án đúng (A hoặc B, C, D) để hoàn thành mỗi câu sau:
31. If I knew what I would tell you
A. is the time
B. was the time
C. time is it
D. the time was
32. She had changed so much that anyone recognised her
33. John is going to get Lisa.
A. marry with
B. marry to
C. married with
D. married to
34. The university is proud of their students, earn national recognition.
A. many of who
B. many of whom
35. He jumped into the river with clothes on.
A. all his B. his whole C. the whole D. his all
36. That wasnt a true story. I just it up. A. put
37. The number of tourists this year as a result of the good weather
C. have doubled
D. has doubled
38. I wish Janet to the meeting this afternoon
A. could come
B. can come
D. will come
39. Then September 11, 2001 came as a remarkable point in American history when the Twin Towers again.
A. were attacking B. were attacked C. had attacked D. had attack
40. Hed rather a hot beverage during a meal
A. I not have B. I did not have C. I do not have D. I had not
41. I love you, I cannot let you have any more money.
A. Much as
42. It was in this house
A. where I was born
B. in which I was born
C. that I was born
D. I was born in
43. your raincoat, Its begun to rain.
B. Put on
C. Take off
44. What are you doing ? “ ”
45. Mark wasnt there last night. No,
A. I wasnt either
B. either was I
C. I wasnt too
D. neither I was
46. exhibitions are like huge market places for the sale of goods, and these are often called trade fairs
A. Most of B. A great many C. A great deal of D. Many of
47. He said, “If I had my pen, I could write the answers”. In direct speech:
A. He said to me that if he had had my pen, he could have written the answers.
B. He said that if he had had his pen, he could have written the answers.
C. He told me that if he had had my pen, I could have written the answers.
D. He told me that if he had had my pen, he could have written the answers.
48. Did the mountains far below?
49. We can the difficulty very easily.
A. get off
B. get through
C. get away
50. Not until late 1960s on the moon
A. that Americans walked
B. did Americans walk
C. when did Americans walk
D. when Americans walked
51. People say that prevention is better than cure. In the passive voice:
A. That prevention is said is better than cure
B. Prevention is better that cure is said by people
C. It was said that prevention is better than cure
D. Prevention is said to be better than cure…
52. Would you like to go to the movies tomorrow?
Sure. By then I my exam.
A. will finish
C. will have finished
D. have finish
53. He had to explain the lesson very clearly
A. in order that his students can understand
B. so that his students to understand it
C. in order to his students to understand it
D. for his students in order to understand it
54. Can you your papers with you when you come to see me. Please?
55. Jane is the of the two sisters.
D. more old
Chọn phương án (A hoặc B, C, D) ứng với từ / cụm từ có gạch chân cần phải sửa trong các câu sau:
56. John announced that he could not longer tolerate the conditions of the contract under which he was working.
B. not longer
D. under which
57. Mary was determined to leave the office by 4:30 for catching the early train home.
A. to leave
C. for catching
58. Their free trip, which they won on a television game show, include four days in London and a week in Paris.
59. I want to live for hundred years.
A B C D
60. The little boys mother bought him a five – speeds racing bicycle for his birthday.
A B C D
Đọc kỹ đoạn văn sau và chọn phương án đúng (A hoặc B, C, D) cho mỗi câu từ 61 đến 65:
In Town everything seems to be made for the comfort and convenience of the inhabitants. Do you wish to go from one spot to another? You have at your disposal numerous and fast means of communication: omnibuses, tramways, taxi-cabs, underground railways, etc … If one evening you do not know what to do and you do not feel inclined to read, you may go to moving pictures, which, in one moment, will transport you to the farthest regions of the globe and enroll before your eyes the most picturesque scenes. If that pastime seems too childish to you, you may go to the theater and hear the greatest actors or actresses.
61. Select the best title for the passage.
A. The means of transportation in a town
B. The benefits of town life
C. Entertainments in town
D. How to live in a town?
62. According to the passage, we can travel to the farthest corners of the earth by
A. using a fast means of transport
B. looking at moving pictures
C. going to the theater
D. reading in our leisure time
63. Which sentence is not true according to the passage ?
A. Going to the theater is not a childish pastime
B. Moving pictures carry us to far-away lands
C. People living in towns do not like to read
D. A town provides us with many forms of entertainment
64. From the passage, we can learn that
A. The author prefers books to moving pictures
B. We had better go to the movies if we have enough time
C. Nothing is more pleasant than going to the theater
D. When we dont want to read, we may go to the theater
65. “In town everything seems to be made for the comfort of the inhabitants”. By the above sentence, the author really wants to say that
A. townspeople like comfort
B. there are many facilities provided for townspeople
C. town life makes everything comfortable
D. many things seem to be comfortable because they are made in town.
Đọc kỹ đoạn văn sau và chọn phương án đúng (A hoặc B, C, D) cho mỗi câu từ 66 đến 70:
The fourth letter of the Greek alphabet was named delta. Its sign was a triangle – a three
– sided figure. Today the word delta means the triangular group of islands at the mouth of a river.
Delta are formed by the rivers themselves. Large rivers may carry sand and fine soil as they sweep towards their mouths. Near their outlets, rivers usually slow, and can less easily carry their burdens. Sand and silt are dropped when rivers enter a larger body of water. Not all rivers form delta. Ocean currents may be strong enough to sweep the river water away before sand and silt are deposited. Or the deposits may themselves be swept away.
The fertile soil of the Nile delta has made it famous. Mans history in this delta dates back for thousands of years.
66. In ancient Greece, delta was the name of
A. a group of islands
B. the Third letter of the alphabet
C. a kind of soil
D. the fourth letter of the alphabet
67. The sign for “delta” was
A. a circle
B. a triangle
C. a rectangle
D. a square
68. Islands at the mouths of rivers are called deltas because they
A. are formed by rivers
B. are built up by volcanoes
C. form a Triangular group
D. form a rectangular group
69. Deltas are built up by
A. the rivers themselves
C. both A and B
D. Neither A nor B
70. One kind of deposit named in the story is
D. None of them
Chọn phương án (A hoặc B, C, D) ứng với câu có nghĩa gần nhất với mỗi câu cho sẵn sau đây:
71. When a programme includes a “15” film no person under fifteen years can be admitted
A. These programmes are over 15 years old
B. Any one over 15 can see these films
C. These programmes were made for 15 years old
D. Any one under 15 must be with their parents
72. I dislike it when people criticised me unfairly
A. I object to people criticising me unfairly
B. They criticised me because I was not fair
C. They criticised me unfairly
D. I dont like to be criticised
73. Its possible that she didnt hear what I said
A. She may not hear what I said
B. She might not hear what I said
C. She might have not heard what I said
D. She may not have heard what I said
74. No sooner had Alice registered for the course than she received the scholarship
A. Alice registered for the course soon after receiving the scholarship
B. Rather than receive the scholarship, Alice registered for the course
C. As soon as Alice registered for the course, she received the scholarship
D. Registering for the course helped Alice receive the scholarship
75. In population, Los Angeles is not as big as New York
A. New York is bigger than Los Angeles
B. Los Angeles is more densely_populated than New York
C. New York is not as crowded as Los Angeles
D. New York is bigger than Los Angeles in population
Chọn phương án (A hoặc B, C, D) ưng với các câu tốt nhất được tạo ra bằng những từ cho sẵn:
76. Mary / not stand / kept / wait / such / long
A. Mary cant stand being kept to wait such a long time. B. Mary cant stand be kept waiting for such a long time.
C. Mary cant stand being kept waiting for such a long time. D. Mary doesnt stand to be kept waiting for such long time.
77. As / as I / concerned / you / call / police
A. As much as I concerned you should call police.
B. As far as I am concerned, you should call the police.
C. As long as Im concerned, you call the police.
D. As far as Im concerned, you call police.
78. If / your / not help / I / not meet / my brother / last month
A. If you didnt help me, I couldnt meet my brother last month.
B. If you hadnt helped me, I didnt meet my brother last month.
C. Had you helped me, I couldnt meet my brother last month.
D. If you hadnt helped me, I couldnt have met my brother last month.
79. What / population / of / Ho Chi Minh City? A. What Ho Chi Minh s population is it?
B. What is the population of Ho Chi Minh City?
C. What makes the population in Ho Chi Minh City?
D. What population is in the Ho Chi Minh City?
80. I / pass / test / matter / hard / be
A. I will pass the test no matter how hard it is.
B. I will pass the test no matter how hard is it.
C. I will pass the test no matter what it is hard.
D. I will pass the test no matter what hard is it.
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ TRẮC NGHIỆM 3
|1. B||41. A|
|2. C||42. C|
|3. B||43. B|
|4. B||44. D|
|5. C||45. A|
|6. D||46. B|
|7. A||47. B|
|8. C||48. A|
|9. A||49. D|
|10. A||50. B|
|11. B||51. D|
|12. B||52. C|
|13. B||53. A|
|14. B||54. D|
|15. D||55. A|
|16. C||56. B|
|17. A||57. C|
|18. C||58. C|
|19. C||59. D|
|20. D||60. C|
|21. A||61. B|
|22. A||62. B|
|23. D||63. C|
|24. D||64. D|
|25. A||65. B|
|26. B||66. D|
|27. D||67. B|
|28. B||68. C|
|29. A||69. A|
|30. C||70. C|
|31. D||71. B|
|32. C||72. A|
|33. D||73. D|
|34. B||74. C|
|35. A||75. D|
|36. B||76. C|
|37. D||77. B|
|38. A||78. D|
|39. B||79. B|
|40. B||80. A|
BẠCH THANH MINH
(Trung tâm Bồi dưỡng văn hóa và Luyện thi đại học Vĩnh Viễn)